SR 3D Builder 0.5.6.8 released!

Založil xSergio74, 23.03.2011, 09:21:58

Předchozí téma - Další téma

0 Uživatelé a 1 Host prohlíží toto téma.

xSergio74

Hi again,
after a bit long wait time, here is my application new release.
Nothing really exciting, just some fixes and some improvements especially in the user interface, so no videos this time.

It is highly recommended that you preserve a copy of your existing executable since many deep changes have been done and some new unexpected error may occur.
I really need feedback about new bugs or malfunctioning and also if everything works fine

Download as always from http://staff.polito.it/sergio.reano/

Following a list of the many changes.
Enjoy

Sergio

Version 0.5.6.8 - Changes to previous version

Added
- Extended support for assemblies: selecting a part, the whole assembly will be selected. To select a single
  part, hold down SHIFT while selecting
- Seams among bricks to enhance model quality. Use the preferences dialog box to change seams size
- A little support for model authoring under Edit menu item
Fixed
- Some issues in groups (root group selection was causing some kind of malfunctioning)
- Undo/redo long time operations now correctly use progress bar indicator (low left corner)
- Hinge solver with universal joint connection now works: even if you may have to manually adjust joint
  center rotation, animation and connection are anyway granted
- Baseplate connections are now better identified
- Animating a model that involves belt translation or rotation causes belt definition being wasted after saving
  model position
- Creating a belt between pins causes belt not being correctly saved
- Better support for different font size in toolbox
Changed
- The toolbox now is resizeable and hideable (enlarge the toolbox to display additional options)
- Toolbox images now load in background: no longer time waste
- A bit startup and model loading speedup

Tomik

Hi Sergio,
I began using your SR 3D Builder (previous version 0.5.6.6) for saving my MOCs and creating building instructions. I chose little bit bigger piece for the first time - helicopter from set 8048. It took few days till I got good result. So at first I wanna thank you for this tool.

I found few bugs durring building:
- There was not any auto-rotate function for inserting axle into axle-hole in lifted part of "Technic beam 3x7 liftarm bent 53.13" and probably it is same with similar beams (4x4, 4x6). I had to rotate it manualy.
- I think there was some bug in animation mode - I was not able to transfer torque through double bevel gears.
- Instruction miner has probably its own mind - I saved changes in possions of bricks there and I didn't see these changes when I opened file next time.
- Another chapter is adding flexible parts - they always tried to begin from wrong end of angle connector (they tried to go into center of connector insted of out from hole) but I found a way how to work with them. It is pity I can't see flexible parts added in SR 3D Builder in LDView...
www.buildinst.cz - můj web s návody na stavbu alternativních modelů,
můj flickr

xSergio74

Citace od: Tomik kdy 24.03.2011, 22:39:22
Hi Sergio,
I began using your SR 3D Builder (previous version 0.5.6.6) for saving my MOCs and creating building instructions. I chose little bit bigger piece for the first time - helicopter from set 8048. It took few days till I got good result. So at first I wanna thank you for this tool.

I found few bugs durring building:
- There was not any auto-rotate function for inserting axle into axle-hole in lifted part of "Technic beam 3x7 liftarm bent 53.13" and probably it is same with similar beams (4x4, 4x6). I had to rotate it manualy.
- I think there was some bug in animation mode - I was not able to transfer torque through double bevel gears.
- Instruction miner has probably its own mind - I saved changes in possions of bricks there and I didn't see these changes when I opened file next time.
- Another chapter is adding flexible parts - they always tried to begin from wrong end of angle connector (they tried to go into center of connector insted of out from hole) but I found a way how to work with them. It is pity I can't see flexible parts added in SR 3D Builder in LDView...

Hi,
it is really rare to get feedback from this forum... !! so thank you at least for this !!!!
now to your problems:
- Probably technic beam has still not been patched. I will check and fix for next releases
- Torque for bevel gears should work nice. Check their position
- Instruction Miner is a bit buggy. I know...
- To invert flex part starting position versus, press 'Z' key. They are not rendered in lView since they are build on the fly in my application memory and are not associate to any part definition. It is not a bug, but a missed functionality for the moment...

byes

Sergio